Friday, February 7, 2014

Winner Winner Venison Dinner

While we were in Crockett for Thanksgiving I agreed to go hunting with Trey.  BIG MISTAKE.  I was hooked!  There was no way I was going to shoot anything that I couldn't mount in my office…says the girl who has never hunted a day in her life.  Well, it didn't happen over Thanksgiving--but I did see the big one that got away!

Since hunting season is over the last week of December, I did what any normal competitive individual would do.  I agreed to drive the 16 hours to go to Crockett the day after Christmas.  (Christmas post will come in July the rate I'm going)

We drove straight through on the 26th.  We got there and went hunting the evening of the 27th--and I got one!  This is my face like three seconds after it happened.





My trophy!



If you're going to kill Bambi's father you got to do it up big!


Now to round out his end of the bargain Trey has to run a half marathon.  He doesn't even know where his running shoes are!

No comments:

Post a Comment