Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wardrobe Malfunction

My wardrobe is small.  I don't have a lot of closet space or dresser space.  I also keep telling myself that I'm going to get back into pre-baby shape.  I was in my best shape right before I had Drew.  I had a ton of clothes.  I've given every piece of clothing away from pre-baby except one Ann Taylor suit.

These are the things I need to complete my winter shoe necessities-black and brown boots with a heel; casual shoes think Toms.  The only reason I don't have my old black boots - fire pit and resting my feet too close - yep those suckers melted!  I realize that the winter is almost over-I've needed all of these items since winter started.  Help! I bought an awesome pair of Old Gringo Boots-but I've only worn them like two or three times.  The weather has been terrible this winter and I don't want to mess them up.  I'm hoping to get more use out of them in the summer.  However I maybe bought a pair that only works well with jeans. I don't like to order online-I'm worried that if I start I won't stop.  The shopping in town is nonexistent-Walmart, Family Dollar, Cato-not going to happen.  I keep reading the blogs I stalk and am so envious of their wardrobes.

I'm a dress girl.  Dresses don't require matching pieces together.  I picked up five or six new dresses at Belk in Southern Pines earlier this winter and have worn them day after day.   Five and a half years ago I had purchased a dress from our local boutique.  Me and the eighty year old ladies shop at this boutique.  I wore the dress to the Taste of Chesterfield.  Let me back up and tell you that I had a nice outfit of jeans and a pretty top I had bought at the Limited picked out.  I had a five month old and very limited clothing.  I showed Trey what I was going to wear-- that's when he tells me that people dress up for the Taste.  WTH?!?!?  Why do we get all fancy to walk around someone's back yard and drink Natural Light out of a John Boat--just saying….  I didn't have anything that I could wear.  It was probably about 11--it takes at least an hour to get to Florence, Charlotte, Columbia.  Trey told me to go to Savannah's and see what they had.  Carol (the owner) helped me pick out this dress.  She new what other people were wearing so she steered me away from those items.  The Taste was lovely.  I was a little hot-I was wearing a winter/fall dress and the temperatures favored spring.  Fast forward to the Solicitor's retirement dinner--I wore said dress again.  Me and Carol's eighty year old mother were wearing the same dress. YIKES!  I like to shop local-but let's be honest-I don't!

Here's my  confessions:

1. Last week when it was going to snow I realized that I didn't own a sweatshirt or a sweater.  Ya'll that's borderline pathetic!  Luckily our local Feed and Seed-yes you're not reading that incorrectly--I shop at the Feed and Seed- carries Carhartt so I was able to score a lovely sweater at 50% off.  The owner also has a little boutique where they carry sweatshirts, bags and other embroidable (not even sure if that's a real word) items.  I told her I'd buy a sweatshirt if they'd embroider it that day--yes I resorted to a form of extortion---gets the job done!

2.  I bought a new pair if pewter Jack Rogers last year.  I had a gold and pewter pair and it was time to replace the pewter pair.  Here in South Carolina we wear flip flops 90% of the year.  The weather was yucky last year-it rained constantly.  I kept wearing my old shoes because I didn't want to mess up my new shoes.  I may have a problem-see Old Gringo boots mentioned above.  I wore said old flip flops to a birthday party.  Ya'll when I walked into the backyard for the party my flip flops broke.  Yes they broke!

3.  This is my final pathetic shoe story.  I had a pair of Dansko clogs.  Love those things-but post baby feet they hurt.  Anyways I was wearing my thirteen year old pair of clogs.  Ya'll the shoe fell apart while I was walking down Main Street-the sole just broke and part of it was missing.

Disclaimer-my lack of shoes, clothes, etc has nothing to do with not having money to purchase said new items.  It's due to me not having any time to go shopping-who wants to drive over an hour away by themselves only to have to turn around and come back.  And going with the hubs and kids--EPIC mistake.  They run around like crazy - yes I'm that mother with those kids.  Help!  If Nordstrom is reading my post because I'm going to be the next big deal in bloggin-I wear a size 9.  Send boot's- I'll blog about them!



No comments:

Post a Comment