Thursday, February 20, 2014

Don’t Call me Betty

I think I’d be a really good cook.  If I had time to cook.  If I lived in an area with a decent grocery store.  I read other blogs with envy of their menus!  I’ve been to the Piggly Wiggly in town when there were zero avocados -0- zip none.  This wasn’t the get your bread and milk the snow is coming shopping trip so the store is empty-this was just an average everyday trip to the store.  
I wish I knew how to keep certain ingredients on hand to whip up some yummy healthy concoction.  I wish I knew what those ingredients were!

I love finding recipes.  I loved planning, shopping, and preparing the meals for Thanksgving 2012 and Christmas 2010 and 2013.  Planning. It’s all in the planning.

If we keep yogurt, bananas, grapes and apples on hand the boys tend to eat those rather than Goldfish, pretzels, fruit snacks.  I try not to keep cookies, cakes, and candy in the house because I’ll eat them. 

I think Trey and I are in agreement to try to eat a cleaner diet.  When I stated we needed Peanut Butter this past Sunday at Target, he grabbed the Natural kind.  We buy whole wheat bread and skim milk.  From time to time we try to go to Fresh Market on Sunday afternoons; I think we just need to make it a mandatory trip.  The food in this town just isn’t worth shopping for!

I’ll keep you posted on any new menu items I make.  Currently my staples are Taco Soup and Spaghetti.  Momma needs to get more creative!  I pinned a clean spaghetti sauce-maybe I’ll give it a try.  Has anyone done their own canning?  That is the scary part to me.  I need to make our taco seasoning from scratch instead of purchasing the packets-we go through too many packages not to take a stab at making my own.  I've even seen some desserts made with beans--they say don't knock it until you've tried it.  I might need to take a month off of work to tackle these big ideas!

Two things to keep it real and end with:

1.  My trainer got his membership terminated from the YMCA.  There is no rule or policy that states that he can't train people or even that I can't bring an outside trainer in.  I tried to get the CEO of the YMCA, the attorney/board member, as well as the local head of the YMCA to forward me said policies/rules/procedures--they don't have any!  I felt like the right thing to do is cancel my membership-I even posted about it on Facebook and before I went to bed at least 4 other people wrote that they were canceling their membership.  I don't like that I'll now have to drive to Cheraw if I want to be a member of a gym, but I have to drive for everything else in life!

2.  We eat out more than I'd like to admit.  However, we're on the go a lot.  The following photos are my boys misbehaving at a restaurant on Murrell's Inlet.  We had to meet a client of Trey's to execute some paperwork.  It was an exceptionally beautiful October Sunday afternoon and we were able to eat on the patio.  Dining on the river-now that's my idea of pure bliss!




No comments:

Post a Comment