Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Exercise

BC....Before Cockrell I had all the time in the world.  It was all about me.  I ran a marathon-yes 26.2 in 2006.  I was at the gym doing body pump or cardio a few times a week and pounded the pavement.  I was in shape.  Awesome shape.  Eat everything you want to eat and still look awesome in clothes shape.  Then I met Trey.  Then we got married.  Then came Drew.  The excuses go on and on and on....At the end of the day, I've lost my mojo.  Let's be real-if I really wanted to exercise my a*$ would be at the YMCA every morning when they open the doors.  Oh, that fancy and expensive elliptical in the corner of the guest room would get used.  Sleep.  Oh I need sleep.  Sleep v. exercise--sleep wins these days.

Last year I made some silly resolution to run like 35 miles a week.  I made that resolution when I was on vacation.  Now at the beginning of last year I was able to pound the pavement.  Then I just don't know.  Somewhere I gave up.  I don't know why but I did...

I was always a self motivated.  I never had to have a workout partner.  Ya'll don't need to know how many days I go to work in workout clothes with the intention of running at lunch, leaving an hour early to run, etc.   I don't run and then come home and sit on my lazy bones.  Our YMCA closes at 9.  Really--that's about the time maybe I could go.  Think boys asleep, house straightened up, dinner cleared.  

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm not sitting here weighing in at 200+ lbs.  I'm fit-I'm just not in the shape I want to be in.  I don't like the way my clothes fit.  I don't like the mommy tummy.  I've even run 6 half marathons in the past two years.  I just wish I had more hours in the day.  I just wish the guilt of choosing to run for an hour at night rather than spend time with my kids didn't exist.

Things are looking up.  I bit the bullet and found a trainer.  I've been going to the gym three days a week for about 5-6 weeks now.  I even exercised one extra day last week! My goal is to get to where I exercise 5 times a week.  Then I'll start to work on my diet....

Just keeping it real--this is me smiling in the Sesqui State Park Trail.  I'm smiling even though I'm sweating like crazy and just a little bit lost.  Think the run where you take a wrong turn and 3 miles turns into 6+ miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment