Thursday, February 13, 2014

White Stuff

The snow started falling Tuesday night-and falling-and falling.   We woke up yesterday morning to a beautiful blanket of snow.  Trey headed to the office to knock out a few things and the boys and I stayed under the cozy blankets.  Around 11 we bundled up, grabbed the sleds, and headed downtown to meet Trey for lunch.  Then the fun began.  Drew and I went to Craig Park and sledded down the steep slope-fun!!!  I then got the pleasure of pulling Drew on his sled down Main St.  It was not the workout that I would have hoped to achieved yesterday-but it was some exercise.  Trey picked us up and we drove around town while Jac napped and Drew pouted-it's easy to have fun when someone else is doing the work.  When we got to the Country Club we put the tailgate down and grabbed a rope to attach to the sled--then we pulled Drew.  He loved it!  Until Trey went just a little to fast and the snow smashed him in the face--but it didn't stop him.  He went again.  We headed towards home.  When we went by Craig Park Drew wanted to play-so we stopped for a minute for him to play.  (He has been talking about going there since Sunday for some reason.)

The photos on Facebook and the posts on food made me hungry!  I feel a little unprepared when you see some of the food people are making-hams, cakes, casseroles, etc.  I made sure to have a box of wine and Vodka on hand.  We've got juice pouches and fruit snacks.  What else does a family of four need?

When we got home I made some snow cream for the boys (and me).  I had never had it before-and unless the boys just  have to have it again it won't be making a repeat appearance.  I had black beans cooking in the crockpot all day.  I threw together some Mexican rice.  We had meat out to make Tacos-but decided to just eat beans and rice.  I then proceeded to eat and drink from 4:30 until I went to bed!

I told Drew we'd make a snowman today-but I'm not going to be sad if he wants to stay inside all day.





No comments:

Post a Comment