Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sand in My Shoes

I grew up in the Lowcountry.  I love the beach.  Though I am at least three hours away from the beach both of my boys have my love of the beach.  We had hoped to be able to spend a week at the beach last summer but the time didn't present itself.  I've run the Diva's Half Marathon in Myrtle Beach the past two years.  The first year we stayed at a hotel with an indoor waterpark; last year we stayed in a two bedroom condo in Litchfield.  Both years it was extremely cold-but my boys still wanted to play in the water!  We were able to make an overnight trip to Beaufort last August and that Sunday we packed the boys up and headed to Hunting Island.  It was really crowded-but I loved it and the boys loved it.  We just ignore Trey's opinion otherwise we wouldn't be there:)

Jac fell asleep as soon as we got in the car to drive home-but I couldn't travel all the way there and not bring everyone to the Lighthouse.

Views from the Lighthouse.  Jac and I had to stay on the ground-he didn't meet the height requirement. Drew and Trey climbed to the top.



Trey and Drew with the Lighthouse in the back.

Any day at the beach is a good day!   










No comments:

Post a Comment