Thursday, March 6, 2014

Zoo Lights

Balance is a daily juggle in my life.  I feel guilty when I am stuck at the office until 7; however, my children are at home with a sitter who loves them-and the job I am stuck at pays for the house, sitter, etc.  Holidays are especially hectic.  Every year I think "this is the year"-I'll purchase all of the out of town presents before November or I'll get the Christmas tree up before we leave for Thanksgiving.  I'm wanting to make memories with my family, but not get too caught up that we don't enjoy the real reason.  I don't want to create a situation where we have to do the same thing year after year--I'm all for new experiences!  This year we took the boys to the Riverbank Zoo to see the zoo lights.  I thought they'd be so excited.  Two words-epic fail!  Zoo=Animals.  They didn't see the animals they wanted to see so they were angry about that.  (Luckily I did overhear other children complaining about the same thing, so I didn't feel like my kids were total brats.)

No trip to the Zoo is complete without the following:

Licking the Candy Cane

Acting innocent after trying to wake up the gorilla

My little monkey's being entertained by piking the lizard's nose





Shoving big brother

Whining to Daddy

Breaking the no entry rules


Dinner afterwards was quite the treat!  Imagine wound up and cranky boys-the joys of parenthood!

Workout recap:  Sunday I ran 3 wonderful miles in the beautiful weather followed by a 1 mile run with Drew.  That made my workouts were 4 days at the gym and a total mileage of 15 for last week.  This week I've been to the gym two times this week and have only cranked out 2.5 miles.  It's only Thursday:)




















No comments:

Post a Comment