Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Things That Blogging Makes Me Do….

Reading blogs is such a stress reliever for me.  I have a window into other peoples lives.  If I don't like someone's opinions-I don't have to read their blog.  I don't need to change their opinion-it's theirs and they are allowed to have one and it's not my job to tear them down.  I find encouragement from other mothers of young children and I'm amazed at the older mothers who step in to lift others up!
I had started a Bible Study earlier this year.  It's turned into an epic fail on my end.  I've missed the last two sessions-both times because of work.  Drew has missed three out of his last four soccer practices yet again because of work.
So where is this leading-I decided to deactivate my Facebook account.  I'm doing this for Lent.  However, I might not go back.  I haven't sent Christmas cards in two years.  I haven't sent a real birthday card out to anyone in ages.  I'm writing this post because I'm not reading Facebook.  I have read other blogs where people deactivate Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.  and find such joy in removing the distraction.  Let's be honest-if you're my friend hopefully I have a way to contact you other than through Facebook.  My cousins are on Facebook-friends from college-friends from high school.  Maybe I'll challenge myself to writing someone weekly-who doesn't love to get real mail!   I've enjoyed posting again and want to keep encouraging myself to take the time to document our lives in Small Town USA!  Here's a photo that would have been used on my Christmas cards:


No comments:

Post a Comment