Sunday, March 9, 2014

Tis the Season

It's that time of year again!  It only comes around once a year!  DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL.  We've signed Drew up for his second year.  Last year was t-ball but it ended up being more coach pitch.  Everyone got a turn, everyone ran the bases, everyone got a trophy.  I think this year they keep score but I'm not sure.  Our first practice was rained out this past Thursday.  This week they have practice from 5-7 on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.  I'm not sure that we'll make Tuesday because Drew is still playing in his Upward Soccer League.  Can I just say one thing--who can be anywhere at 5---isn't that when most people get off of work---ugh!!!  I'm thinking that I'm going to have to round up someone to get Drew there on time-I hate to throw that on Kayla-the field backs up to Highway 102 and there is no fence.  Jac=traffic=no fence=NIGHTMARE!

It's also Lent.  So I'll leave you with Drew hugging on Mary with his baseball uniform and trophy.

I didn't run yesterday.  I didn't clean the house.  I didn't do laundry.  We went to Drew's soccer game, went to Pizza Time in Bennettsville for lunch, then napped most of the afternoon.  Last night we practiced a little baseball (Drew hit and threw as a lefty last year but he rights with his right hand--you could tell he was really confused last year--so we think he'll be a righty this year.)  and had a fire pit outside.  I love drinking a glass of wine by the fire-so relaxing.  Losing this hour is rough-we're already late for church.

No comments:

Post a Comment