Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oh the Places You Will Go

I grew up in what  I thought was a small little town.  I attended a small little school from First Grade through Eighth Grade.




Then I moved on over to the "Big School". 


When I was in school I was in Honor Classes.  I was on the yearbook staff.  I was in the Honor Society.  I babysat for spending money.  I felt like I had a life and the effort I was making would help me later in life.
Which prepared me for this:

College was fun.  College was educational.  Maybe I have that mixed up.... 
Sometimes I wonder how things would have turned out differently if I had attended a school with a little bit of this:




When I graduated from college I thought I had it all figured out.  I went to work here:



Which only lasted a year and was NOT the best experience.  I did learn a few things, but I feel like the entire experience has "hurt" my career path.  I thought I knew what I wanted---to work in the financial industry and this job seemed so perfect---it wasn't.  So I left.  I ended up here:


Which has caused an addiction to all things like this:


Then I tried this for a few years:



Which has caused an addiction to all things like this:











I moved to Columbia in 2005.  

I bought my first house.


I tried underwriting for a year.





I tried customer service for a year.



Then I did this:


Which lead to me working here:





I'm not going to tell a lie.  I don't love this job.  I didn't love any of my other jobs.  I don't know what I want to do when I grow up.  Any suggestions?






No comments:

Post a Comment